Thursday, June 5, 2014

Love list: books and baby things

1. Olivia
I'm kind of obsessed with buying new books for Punkito. I'd probably get a new one every day if I could afford it or had enough space for them. I just got her Olivia because she has started making pig noises and liking piggies. It's really cute and she seems to like it. But what really puts it high up on my favs list: a couple nights ago I heard Hans reading it to her for the first time and I heard him start laughing over one part ("she wakes up and moves the cat... gets dressed and combs her ears... and moves the cat...). He looks up at me and asks "Did a children's book just make me laugh?" Yesssss. And I just checked Amazon and discovered there's a whole series of Olivia books! How did I not know this? I'm so excited...
2. Water bottle
I've tried catching this on video with no success, but every time Emma sees a water bottle she points and goes "ooOOOoo." We've tried 3-4 different kinds of sippy cups and she likes a couple of them ok, but I don't because they LEAK everywhere!! But her favorite is always daddy's camel bak water bottle. So I ordered a mini version for her! I think she likes it...
my precious...
3. Lifetime Fitness
Our play group met at this mega globo-gym this week to go swimming. And I fell in love. It. Is. Amazing. The pool has a beach entry so Em can run in and out of the water to her heart's content and I don't have to worry about her tripping as she steps in and out (which she loves to do for some reason). And it was really shallow so we could all just sit in it while the babies splashed around. Glorious. Plus I hear amazing things about their child care center. I came home convinced we HAD to have a membership. Alas, it's ridiculously expensive. Like, a year's membership could also buy us three month's of groceries. Sooooo.... we won't be getting a membership any time soon. But I will dream about it. And drool every time we drive by. I don't know if you can see the pool in the back there, but that's some awesome water slides!
And oh, I did not do this to her. She put the bucket on her head, strap across her nose like that, and posed until we took her picture. Then she took it off and went back to playing. Silly girl. I love her.


4. Orchid House
Wow. So The Orchid House started suuuuppper slow and I really almost didn't keep going with it. But I hate quitting books. And now I'm really glad I didn't. It ended up getting so good I couldn't put it down and stayed up waaaayyyy too late reading it. Parts of it were very hard to read - the main character is dealing with the loss of her husband and 2-year-old son in a car accident. But the mystery part of the story has a great plot line and I enjoyed how it unfolded. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good read.


5. Tylenol
Turns out, Advil can act as a stimulant. Did you know that? We learned the hard way this week. Ouch. We switched to Tylenol and holy jeez life is so much better now. Tylenol, FTW.

1 comment: