Thursday, June 26, 2014

Love List: A random assortment

1. Evangeline Cafe
People have been telling us about this place for ages, but we've never gone. I don't even know why - we love Cajun food and it's right near our house. I think we tend to be creatures of habit. When we want to eat out, we go to the same 2-3 places. But since Hans' parents were in town this week, we thought we'd try something new. And I'm so glad we did. I loved it. It's kinda a hole-in-the-wall place but that just lends to the authentic feel. The live music was a bit loud, but was in keeping with the ambiance. We went on a Monday night, a little on the early side, and it was still packed. I take that as a good sign. I had the shrimp étouffée and it was delicious. I ate every last drop and my lips were burning. Yum. Hans had chicken and sausage gumbo and while he liked it, it wasn't his favorite. I think he's just accustomed to my recipe and this one was quite a bit different. We will definitely go back and try other dishes - let us know if you want to join!

2. Heads Up
I'd seen this game on the Ellen show, but had never thought to try it until our niece Katlyn begged us to try it. It was a lot of fun, and hilarious to watch us stumble through. Some of the categories were hard, for the adults much less for Katie, but the kids and music categories were our favorites. It even records the people acting out so you can watch the video after (Hans doesn't appreciate that I saved this :))
3. Cheek squishing
I don't know why she keeps doing this, but she thinks it's the funniest thing ever. Hey, whatever makes her happy.

4. Play kitchens
Last week when I was super sick, my wonderful cousin took care of Emma so I could get some rest. She sent her hubby up into their attic to retrieve her kids' old play kitchen. Em had such a great time with it that my cousin said we could borrow it for a while. She really loved it, especially the velcro fruit. I think we will have to look into getting her one of her own for Christmas or something!
5. Uncle moving here
It's finally happening! My middle brother, Josh, (the artist-with-the-long-hair-that-lifts) is going to come live with us for a while! We couldn't be more excited. He keeps talking about how he's going to use Emma to pick up chicks around Town Lake and at the pool, but he worries people will think she's his daughter. So to celebrate him coming, I picked up a couple onesies to help out his efforts. He should be here in about two weeks. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment