Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Spiritual Thought: Be Still

Today was insane. From the second I opened my eyes, it was go go go. Pilates. Grocery shopping. Rush to get little one lunch and down for a nap and take a shower before my work meeting. Meeting cut a little short because Punk won't sleep even after an hour and a half in her crib. Come home and rock her to sleep then cook dinner. Wake her from her nap early so we can make it to swim lessons. Come home and finish dinner to deliver to a family who just had a baby. Cram down my own dinner and then do bath, book, and bed. And now I'm sitting on the couch too tired to move.

But in the midst of all this, I keep thinking about a friend's post I saw on Facebook this morning. She had been challenged to share her favorite scripture and she chose Psalms 46:10:
"Be still, and know that I am God."
How appropriate for today. And let's be real, most days. Some days what we need most is to just take a little break and check in with our Father in Heaven. Thank him for the good. Ask for help with the bad. And just... listen.

It made me think of a talk from Pres. Uchtdorf ("Of Regrets and Resolutions") where he says:
"Isn’t it true that we often get so busy? And, sad to say, we even wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of a superior life. Is it?"
So tonight I am sitting here. Not thinking about my to-do list for just five minutes. Just trying to be still. And connect with Heavenly Father, just to check in. Let him know how I'm doing and see if he's got anything to tell me. And just be still. 
Image from Joyful Runner Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment