Thursday, August 21, 2014

Love list: Happy Little Things

1. All About That Bass
Em and I have been rocking out to this song on repeat all week. It's so fun and she loves to shake it shake it. I wish I could shake it shake it like the guy in this video!

2. Banana Nutella Cookies
The other night I had a bad sweet tooth. And a bunch of almost bad bananas. And those two bads made one very good when I made these delicious nutella-stuffed banana cookies from Recipe Girl.
I left out the mini-chocolate chips (didn't have 'em) and added 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon (because I think everything needs cinnamon). Make sure that (unlike me) you space these out pretty far because they spread like crazy. And you end up with one big cookie. And your husband laughs at you. But in all seriousness, they are delicious. Like... the lovechild of banana bread and cookies. Yum.

3. Fringe Binge
Lately I've been satisfying my Netflix habit by binge watching Fringe. Have you seen it? It took me a while to get into it but after several episodes, I'm hooked. I only have a handful of episodes left in the series (read: I'll be done by tomorrow) and I'm so sad. Tear! If you liked Lost, you'll like this. Another JJ Abrams creation, he revisits some similar themes and concepts (and actors!). Seasons 1 and 2 are the best, season 5 feels a little half-baked. But it's definitely worth a binge. What will I do next? Hit me up with your recommendations!


4. Candle good enough to eat
Found this baby on sale last week. The label claims it smells like "carmel-glazed popcorn, warm taffy-apples, and salted, sweet cream." I think it smells like heaven. And it makes me want sweets. But what doesn't?

5. Cute giveaway
My sweet might-as-well-be-sister-in-law Karina has the cutest giveaway from As Darling Does going on her blog right now. Karina shows Mr. Ryan with some of their adorable bow ties, but I was surprised to realize they have really cute headbands and blankets and stuff, too. I have to get Emma to keep some of these on because they are too cute! Head over to Karina's blog now to enter to win.


No comments:

Post a Comment