Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Spiritual Thought: Favorite Scripture

When I was graduating from high school, someone asked me what my favorite scripture was. They wanted to have it embroidered on a blanket. The question kind of caught me off guard because it made me realize that I didn't really have one.

Now things are different. There is one scripture that always comes to mind as my favorite, because it's one that I read over and over again. It always brings me peace, and hope, and strength.
"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." Alma 37:37
For a long time I made decisions all on my own. And I made a lot of bad ones. When I course corrected, I kind of... over-corrected. And didn't trust myself to be able to make good decisions anymore. I wanted Heavenly Father to tell me what to do in every situation. As time passed, I became more confident in my ability to listen to Heavenly Father's promptings and be guided by them, but also to come to conclusions on my own and seek for confirmation. But this scripture has always been my reminder that we should pray ALWAYS. First thing in the morning, last thing before bed. Seek for that guidance and he will never lead you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment