Monday, October 13, 2014

The best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Every time I make these cookies, Hans becomes the most popular guy at work. I can't take any credit for them, it's a recipe I got from my mom many years ago. I don't know exactly where she got it from. And I'm probably going to regret sharing the recipe now because it's my secret weapon. But it's too good not to share.
They are pumpkiny. Soft. Pillowy. Just a hint of spice and chocolatey. They're super easy to make, just be careful not to over-bake. The softer the better. The recipe makes just under four dozen, depending on size. Make them now.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, but you could definitely use a hand mixer. Add in vanilla, pumpkin and egg and beat to until mixed.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add all at once to the butter mixture and stir just to combine. Don't over mix! Gently stir in chocolate chips.

Drop onto a prepare cookie sheet (I prefer parchment paper, but greased works). Bake for 16-17 minutes until just starting to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment