Monday, April 28, 2014

My fav green smoothie

You can't sign on to Pinterest without seeing a million and one green smoothies. So you probably don't need to see another one, but I'm going to do it anyway. Mostly because I've tried probably half those recipes looking for one I actually liked enough to try on Little One.

This one, though, is the keeper. I make it a couple times a week now and thankfully Little One likes it enough to slurp it up. I love that it's a quick an easy way to slip her some healthy fruit and veggies and she feels like she's getting a special treat.

Peachy Green Smoothie
A good handful of ice
1 heaping cup spinach
1 cup frozen sliced peaches
3/4 cup almond milk
half a very ripe large banana
honey to taste

Throw it all in a blender and puree until smooth! I usually do the ice first to make sure it gets broken up, then the spinach, and then the rest of the ingredients. Could be I just need a better blender :) This recipe makes a large glass-full for mom and half a sippy cup full for baby.


*Note: Most pediatricians recommend not giving honey to children less than 1. Keep this in mind if your little is very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment